Three Bean Salad with Jalapeño Mango Dressing
This anti-inflammatory three bean salad is a blend of kidney beans, green beans and garbanzo beans, all elements of a traditional three bean salad. What sets this three bean salad apart from the rest is a sweet and spicy Jalapeño Mango Dressing. Makes an excellent lunch or a perfect side dish with dinner.
- 1 pound green beans, ends snipped and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large ripe mango peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (approximately 2 limes)
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (juice of one small orange)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ jalapeño pepper, deseeded (save other half for garnish)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Place the green beans in a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain and pat dry.
- Place green beans, kidney beans, chick peas, onion, and red bell pepper in a large bowl and gently combine.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Pulse until will blended.
- Add dressing to salad and toss to combine. Add tomatoes and toss once again gently so tomatoes remain intact. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.